Wednesday, December 20, 2006

HP Pavilion A1510n Sound Card on Windows Xp

On my previous post about this hardware, I downgraded the OS from Windows Media Center to Windows 2k Pro so i can have full network functionality. It is working fine, the video, the modem, the network now I can control and see it on our network and Directory Services. Policy editor is implemented on our network to control workstations and user access to the network.

Now after a month I was faced with the sound adapter problem. We need to install a call recording software, but it won't work because the sound card is not detected by Win2k Pro.

So I upgraded the OS to Windows XP Professional. But the same thing happen, Windows XP Pro was not able to detect the on board sound adapter.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

No comments: